All Change.....

It's been a while since I last posted, and as the photo to the right shows there has been a few changes! In December I became a Dad, for the first time,to the most beautiful little girl, Rosie. She is perfect in every way! From the first moment I held her, when she was only a few moments old, and I saw her blue eyes looking up at me my heart was taken.
Training for triathlon with a baby has now become more of a juggling act for both me and Rhian. If anyone would like to read about triathlon training whilst pregnant, read Rhian's Blog post from Birth to Chirk .
First off, we are incredibly lucky to have very supportive family. Rhi's Mom, Dad and sister are always helping out so Rhi can get her training done in the weekday, so I can get mine done in the morning or night. Weekends have become more like Tag Team training, Rhi rides Saturday morning, I run in the afternoon and vice versa on Sunday. The biggest thing I'm having to learn is to be flexible. I'm used to having a training programme to follow, which I do not deviate from. This goes out the window now! Babies DO NOT respect your schedule! You quickly adapt to theirs!!


Another big change for us this season, is that we are racing for Evolution Bikes in Bangor. I'm so chuffed to be representing the shop! A local business, run by athletes, who sell some really cool kit. They have a wide range of triathlon kit, including 2XU wetsuits, neoprene hats, energy gels, Pearl Izumi & 2XU tri suits, aero helmets, tri bars, number belts, everything you need. The bike stock is great too, they deal in Scott, Trek, Kuota to name a few, with some seriously bling tri specific bikes as well as road bikes, MTB and cyclo cross. Give them a try, they love sport and they know their stuff.

Comments