Catching Up




Ok, so I never quiet got round to finishing my post about the French trip! Been busy!! In brief we had a rest day in Troyes then headed back on to the road Dijon, a stunning city. From Dijon we headed to Grenoble it was a long day in the saddle but non the less enjoyable. We would have liked to of gone through the Alps to the coast, via Sisteron and Gap, but we were concerned about time so headed the flat route out to Montelimar, the home of nougat! There's an excellent bike path heading out of Grenoble running adjacent to the river. It goes on for miles! I only wish the UK would embrace this kind of facility instead of crappy bike paths stuck on the pavement. Our final day's riding was from Montelimar to Montpellier, it turned into an epic 120 miler! Ouch! Montpellier was awesome, we bagged a hotel 5 minutes walk from the city's Olympic pool. The pool is fantastic, excellent design and great fast water! All in all, we managed around 800 miles on the bike in 10 days, plus a couple of long runs and a few swims to keep ticking over.
Next up was the inaugral Ironman Wales. That's me and Rhi on the sea front in Tenby, minutes after finishing. I can honestly say that it was one of the best days of my life. Completely awesome experience, I was grinning like a loon all the way round! Managed to finish the 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run in just over 11 hours 20 minutes. Having trained for short course all season, Ironman was done off the back of 6 weeks specific long course training. So I was particularly chuffed! Big thanks to Rich Brady www.trimonkey.co.uk for getting me there.

Comments