Home sweet home.....


Racing on my home turf - that's me coming out of the Irish Sea onto Llandudno's Victorian promenade ! The start line is about a mile and a half from home, and this weekend felt pretty strange with not having to drive for 4 odd hours to get to the event.......
I've had a pretty hard block of training , but still set my sights on a top 10 placing at the Llandudno Sea Triathlon.
The sea was choppy which made for a fun swim, then the bike took in 4 laps of the The Great Orme (I could feel the weeks training in my legs!), then the run was a out and back 2.5km loop, four times over (I was running like a donkey except for the last 1km when my legs came back to life - 9km too late!). The support out on the course was awesome!! I just wished I could have backed it up with an awesome performance. Still it was a good day in the office and I managed to grab 9th place.
An amazing venue for a race, I would recommend it to anyone...fantastic.

Comments