8 Mile Crack at the Bala Middle Distance Tri'


PAIN! Bala Middle today. Swim steady, bike good, went into the run around 12th position, lost a couple of places then gained a couple of places as we got to the turn around. I knew that there were a fair few people chasing hard, but I was running steady and strong. Then mile 8...............I cracked like an egg! My head hurt like I'd had a gallon of drink, my legs went to jelly and all I wanted was water, water, water. My pace dropped by 2 minutes per mile and I just held on as well as I could, cursing the people who passed me by. I had a decent finish but bloody hell it hurt!
The wife had a terrible day in the office, leading after the swim and bike, a reccurrence of a run injury hit with a vengeance at mile 2. Not wanting to quit (worried what people might say) she ploughed on, aggravating the injury further and limping home 4th or 5th. Gutted for her.

Comments